Rev. Angela Brewster is the oldest of four children born to the Rev. Dr. Mayfield Brewster and the late Lillian Faye (Criner) Brewster of Texarkana, Arkansas. She is the mother of two daughters: Nikki (Rev. Reco) Boyd and Shayla (Rev. Cedell) White; and three grandchildren: Adrianna, Mollie and Braxton.
Rev. Brewster is a graduate of Arkansas High School in Texarkana, AR. After high school, she pursued graduate studies at William Buchanan School of Nursing at Texarkana Community College and received her degree as a Licensed Vocational Nurse. She is also a graduate of Barbizon Modeling School and Leadership Texarkana.
In 1987, she joined the U.S. Army and went to basic training at Ft. Jackson, South Carolina. She served in the reserves in the 145th MEDSOM located in Texarkana, TX and the Hope Arkansas Police Auxiliary Police Academy in the spring of 1999.
She’s worked in nursing as an LPN for 37 years and 36 years in education of which 27 of those years have been in administration.
There has been numerous “Firsts” throughout her ministry as well as her profession. Among her accomplishments are:
- First female to pastor El Dorado Circuit
- First female to pastor St. James AME Church, Texarkana, AR
- First female to pastor Visitors Chapel AME Church, Hot Springs, AR
- First Black female principal of the Saratoga School District, Saratoga, AR
- First and only Black principal of Foreman School District, as well First Female principle
- First Black female graduate from the Hope, AR Auxilliary Police Academy
- First female pastor assigned to Pilgrim Rest AMEC, Monticello, AR
- First female senior pastor of First AMEC, Okla. City, OK
Education is Rev. Brewster’s passion. Her Seminary Studies were at Jackson Theological Seminary in the Religious Studies graduate program in Little Rock, AR. and in the Doctoral program for Christian Counseling at American Bible College and Seminary in Okla. City, OK. Doctoral studies were also done at East Texas State University in Marriage and Family Therapy. Additional Doctoral studies were done in Educational Leadership at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR. Other graduate work was done at the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, AR and the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, AR.
Her passion for learning is apparent by the degrees she holds;
- B.S. in Elementary Education/English-East Texas State University( ETSU- now Texas A&M University
- M.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies
- M.S. in Guidance Counseling
- M.S. in Business Administration
- M. ED in Elementary Education
- M.S.E. in Education Administration-Henderson State University
Rev. Brewster is an active member on Delta Sigma Theta Soroity Inc.
Rev. Brewster’s accomplishments are not what she treasures the most.
For Rev. Brewster, the most important thing in her life is the fact that she is a Born Again Christian who loves the Lord. Her love for God and love for others is evident in her beautiful smile and the work she has done and continues to do.
Reverend Angela Brewster,
MSIS, MS, MSBA, MEd, MSE.
On behalf of myself, my family and the First AME
family, We welcome you to this website and hope that it serves as an inspiration to you. We strive to follow the Lord and to love everybody.
You are welcome in God’s house at any time and you are welcome to visit and contact us through this website.
Our prayer is that you continue to grow in Christ.
God Bless You and Keep You!